Sunday, April 29, 2007

Desert Developments Done Cheap

accompaniment

On a dark desert highway
Cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of construction
Rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance
I saw a billboard sign
My greed grew heavy, and my mind grew dim
I had to stop for a time

There she stood in the doorway
I missed the tolling bell
But I was thinking to myself
This could be Heaven or this could be Hell
Then she lit up the entrance
And she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say

Welcome to the Condo California
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely place (background)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Condo California
Any time of year
Any time of year (background)
You can find it here
You can find it here

My mind is Tiffany twisted
I’ve got the Mercedes bends
I’ve got lots of mortgage broker types
That I call friends
How they dance in their adverts
‘Bout the deals you can get
None dance to remember
All dance to forget
So I called up the brokers
Please get me my line
They said
We haven’t had this interest rate since 1969
And still those voices are calling from far away
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say

Welcome to the Condo California
Such a lovely Place
Such a lovely Place (background)
Such a lovely face
I’m livin’ it up at the Condo California
What a nice surprise
What a nice surprise (background)
I have closed my eyes…

Roaches on the ceiling
Ripple wine on ice
And I said
We are all just prisoners here
Of our own device
And in the blogger’s chambers
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just can’t kill the beast
Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to get a refi back to the place I was before
Relax said the banker
We are programed to recieve
You can cash out any time you like
But you can never leave...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home